Post on :: July 25, 2016
Nowadays, Many people have problems with higher costs such as Utilities, which are the costs we can control. Legacy Properties offer How to save energy in your Condo, Just follow the 7 tips below can help you save energy in your condo.
- Set time to turn on and off when you're not watching, this will do more to reduce energy use than anything else.
- Unplug when you do not use the television.
- Turn off the display when not in use over 15 minutes or turn off your computer when your are done working for the day and when you go to sleep. The combined watt useage that is consumed each time you power a computer on and off is still lower than the watt usage a computer consumes when it is left on 24 hours/day.
- Use the screen saver mode to maintain the quality of screen and save energy. Screen savers solved this problem by automatically activating when the computer wasn't in use. Screen savers display an animation that consistently changes, largely eliminating the problem of screen burn in by ensuring that a single images is not on screen all the time.
- Ironing in big batches of clothes just one a week.
- Unplug and use the available heat for iron the handkerchiefs.
** Tip: Iron the denims first because you have to set the knob to the highest or maximum level of heat, then go for the cotton ones, and the last those clothes made of fabrics that needs less heat like those made of synthetic materials like reyon and silk. Set the iron knob to low heat.
- Do not use too high levels, if you need very hot water, use a kettle for the times when you need it.
- Turn off switch of water heater, when finished used. For water heater without a switch, you can turn it off at the breaker box.
- Always check for the system of equipment and cable, if your boiler is old, it could be time to replace it.
** Tip: A running tap wastes more than 6 liters of water a minute, so use cold water by turn off the tap while brushing your teeth, shaving, or washing your face, if you don't need hot.
- Allow at least 15 cm. of space on each side to allow good air circulation.
- Located refrigerators away from heat sources and direct sunlight. For every degree above 70 degrees surrounding your fridge, it will use 2.5% more energy.
- Floor fan is power saving more other fan.
- Turn off and unplug when not in use.
- If your room has many people, you should turn on fan with swing mode to save an energy.
- Close the windows when turn on the air conditioning.
- When you start turn on an air conditioning, you should turn on the high levels of fan when start turn on air-condition and then turn off the fan after the temperature inside the room cooler.
** Tip: Nowadays, Many air conditioning comes with Eco mode, this mode can help you save the energy.
"Just follow these, you will save more energy for your property and pocket money"